Homeowner Hell

The road to the kitchen of our dreams. This is the diary of a major renovation, out of control before it began, of the home of two adults with full-time jobs, two young children, two elderly and decrepit dogs, and a cranky cat.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Flooring

This weekend, Trevor and my dad laid the hardwood floor in the kitchen and dining room. It looks fabulous, but Trevor says he is still sore because, as he put it, laying hardwood is not tough, but it is, and I quote, a lot of time "on your knees, on your butt, or bent over" (I hope this doesn't somehow, through the magic of technology, link to one of those undesirable websites as a result of that inimitable quotation...). He put up the light fixture in the kitchen, and now, it's a matter of woodwork, and a few paint touch-ups. The cabinet people are coming in 2 weeks to finish their part. Everyone seems to think we need to do something with the window, too. We will do the rest of the trim and we can call it done!!

Here are the almost final views from the usual angles: North, WNW and WSW.

Although there is not much left to do, I plan to blog here as things, infrequently, happen. I also have big plans for the rest of the house, which, as I have mentioned, will happen when or if we no longer have dogs who require the carpet for traction. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me share some good stuff with you on your beautiful blogs. I was able to purchase a property with help from Mr Pedro and his loan company team were quick to respond and since this was my first time getting a loan to buy a property , he was able to help me walk through the loan process. It was a great experience working with a good and kind loan lender. I hope you know very well if you are looking for a loan to purchase a property or funding business purposes then this message is for you will be able to help you with such a process here his details Email Address: pedroloanss@gmail.com & whatsapp text: +18632310632

 

Post a Comment

<< Home