Homeowner Hell

The road to the kitchen of our dreams. This is the diary of a major renovation, out of control before it began, of the home of two adults with full-time jobs, two young children, two elderly and decrepit dogs, and a cranky cat.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Designer Consultation

Today, the construction progress was less obvious, but still present. However, the exciting part was we had a designer over who provided advice and suggestions on paint colours, for a nominal fee, of course. The back wall of the kitchen will be "raspberry truffle" and the rest of the main floor will be "acorn yellow" which looks, to my colour-blind eye, nothing like yellow, but goes very nicely with the cabinets and the furniture. I like consulting with people who have the ability to visualize things in three dimensions. I am incapable of it. In fact, it took masking tape outlines on the walls and floors to figure out how things would be. 2-D paper doesn't translate into 3-D for me. Which is why I was happy to find someone who would tell me what colours would "go" and which ones would look dorky.

The builder says that they will be done tomorrow. They will sand and prime the walls. Over the weekend, we paint, and clean the dust off everything. I was compelled to clean today when I saw the kids drawing happy faces in the dust on the coffee table. I'll see if I can get a picture of it tomorrow... I compulsively wiped it away before it occurred to me it would be a photo-op, a propos of our current state of living. Monday, the cabinets are delivered.

So, it won't look much different from yesterday, but believe me, there has been progress. Here are today's updates: North, WNW and WSW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home