Homeowner Hell

The road to the kitchen of our dreams. This is the diary of a major renovation, out of control before it began, of the home of two adults with full-time jobs, two young children, two elderly and decrepit dogs, and a cranky cat.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Builders are Finished

So the builders finished, one day early. The drywall is completed and primed, their tools are gone, and they even cleaned the floor a bit. It now smells more like paint than wet plaster. So the house is ours until Monday, when the cabinets are delivered. So it may not look exciting, but the dust should be settling soon and we are buying paint tomorrow. Here are today's pictures: North, WNW, and WSW. I woke up this morning feeling like I was getting the kids' cold, but I sneezed out a few putty-coloured loogies and felt fine. I guess it was just lungs full of plaster dust. I hope it isn't carcinogenic. Although, dysentery from lack of running water may become a more immediate problem. I have faith that it will all be worth it. And now, I must go watch ER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home