Homeowner Hell

The road to the kitchen of our dreams. This is the diary of a major renovation, out of control before it began, of the home of two adults with full-time jobs, two young children, two elderly and decrepit dogs, and a cranky cat.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Day Two

Voice mail I got at work at 1:30 today from T: "Well, I went home at lunch, there's no one there and no sign of any progress".

I called him back. "You are kidding, right?"

"Yes, I am."

I know him so well.

Today, another wall came down and a bunch of drywall went up. Very spacious.

Here are today's photos: looking north from the kitchen door, looking WNW from the dining room, and looking SSW from the dining room.

Here is what was found under the light fixture over the sink: the ugliest wallpaper ever. Recorded here for posterity, but it's going sooner than later, despite the entertainment value. I wonder if it can still be bought anywhere?

So, our last few days with kitchen plumbing... I think I will do a lot of dishes. Maybe I'll make sure every single dish in the house is clean. T's suggestion is to have one plate, bowl, cup, fork, knife and spoon for each family member and find a place for the rest for the duration. Not a bad idea. I think tomorrow's trip to the grocery store will include an industrial sized stack of paper plates and plastic utensils. We should probably buy stock in the Glad garbage bag company, too.

No turnin' back now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home